Open Enrollment is October 15-December 7 each year. At this time, those enrolled in Medicare have the option to change their Medicare Advantage or Supplement Plan. Here are some things you should know about Open Enrollment:
- You can switch your Medicare Advantage (Part C) and/or Prescription Drug (Part D) Plan, or disenroll in your current plan and return to Original Medicare (Parts A and B only).
- You have until February 14 to drop a plan and return to Original Medicare if you do not like your new plan.
- Advantage Plans (Part C) and Prescription Drug Plans (Part D) may offer additional benefits (such as offering vision, hearing or dental preventative services).
- Evaluate your medications for any changes and ensure that your drugs are covered on the Prescription Drug Plan you are considering for the upcoming year.
- Consider all costs besides premiums, including coinsurance, copays and deductibles prior to selecting a plan.
- There may be drug-savings programs available to you.
- Ensure that your doctor is still in network of the plan you are considering.
If this seems overwhelming to you, Jim and Dora can help! We are here to make this confusing process a breeze each year. Call us today to schedule your no fee consultation!